Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

It's FOOTBALL season!!!!

Ashton and I went to the first Texans game of the season!  We had such a great time!!  The Texans played the Colts, and kicked their butts!!  I love football season, it makes me a happy girl.  Actually while I am writing this out I am watching my DRV recording of the game...ha ha I promise I am a girl...just a football loving girl.  Being at the stadium on the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 was nothing short of amazing.  Everyone was given American flags and the tribute they did was great.  The first men to come out of the Texans tunnel were 6 or 7 first responders from NYPD and NYFD, the entire stadium erupted when they came out.  I told Ashton that those men were heroes and were willing to risk their lives to save others on that day 10 years ago.  Clay Walker sang the National Anthem while HPD, HFD, and members of the Texans and Colts held on to a flag that covered the entire field.  I would be lying if I said I did not cry a bit. 




Besides the football game I did not really do that much this weekend.  I am already ready for Friday because I am going to a magic show with a friend.  I think that it will be fun!!  Actually the guy I am going with I pretty much grew up with....he lived down the road from me and we went through school together, but have not seen each other since we graduated.  Ha ha I am a little nervous, but more excited!! 

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like you're having fun :)

Debs Dealz said...

Are you ready for some football!! :-)

Hi Dani, Debs Dealz stopping over to follow you back from my TGIF Blog Hop! Thanks for participating!

Debs Dealz

erer said...

Have fun!!

Thanks for the follow... returning the favor :)