Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Mommy Envy....Well not really

Where in the HECK was Pinterest when my son was younger??  There are so many cute reveal,  nursery, birthday, photography, ect...ideas!  My son has decided that he is to big for stuff like that, he is 10.  Sometimes I look on blogs and see all the cute things that moms are doing for their kiddos and I get mommy envy.  I wish that I could have done some of those things while Ashton was growing up.  I am not a very crafty person LOL but I know that with the help of Pinterest I would have done so many things for him.  BUT I did the best that I could for Ashton.  He has had a great childhood.  So I guess even with all the things that I didn't do....I made up with fun things that we did do.  He has been to Disney twice, he has been on a cruise, he has been on multiple vacations.  So I guess I don't really have mommy envy, cause I have been and will continue to be a great momma!!  Ha ha this post is all over the place, does it even make sense?

So speaking of things that I have done with Ashton, this Saturday was full of fun!!  It started with Ashton singing at a retirement community with the 5th grade choir.  Then after that we drove out to George Ranch Historical Park for the Texian Market days.  My son and my nephew had a BLAST!!  The ranch is set up for you to travel through the 1830s, 1860s, 1890s and 1930s.  There are battle reenactments, vintage baseball, medicine shows, and lots of other fun activities.  We stayed there pretty much all day.  After we left there we went to the Alvin Community College Fall Festival.  They had tons of games for the boys to play and they came away with a ton of candy.  After that we went to the Santa Fe High School's Candy Fest!  Ha ha cause they needed more candy.  Candy Fest was a lot of fun.  The different HS clubs decorate the hallways and then all the students dress up in the theme of their hallway and hand out candy.  After you go through the hallways you go into the cafeteria and they have a bunch of games.  Needless to say the boys came home with a TON of candy!

Here are a few instagram pics from the weekend.  I am so obsessed with instagram!  If you would like you could follow me HERE and I will follow back!  I love looking at everyone's pics!     
Hipster Bumblebee

They were in "school". Ashton has decided to wear those glasses everywhere! 

Using an old printing press

Playing with a hoop and stick.

Xander playing with the hoop and stick.

They were framed!!  LOL

With the ACC dolphin.

Ashton playing golf at Candy Fest.




No comments: