Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Literary Junkies!! I love to read!

I love to read.  I have my Kindle Fire with me at all time.  My Kindle even has a name, it is Kennedy Justine.  Am I the only weirdo that names my electronics?  I can't help it, I am odd.  Well when Taylor@ Goings on in Texas and Lesley@By the Porchlight said they were gonna start a book club and do a link up I was super excited!!  I have never actually been in a book club so I thought it would be a lot of fun to be reading the same book as a group of ladies and then discuss the book.  That being said today is our first link up!  Yay!!  Here are this month's questions.

1) What book are you currently reading? Give us a little synopsis and your review.  Oh man I really should hang my head in shame.  I bought Night Circus, our book club book for December, but I have not had the chance to start reading it yet.  I keep bringing my Kindle to bed, but I am just so sleepy and I just can't stay awake to read.  I fail!!

2) What are your 3 favorite books of all time?  The Giver by Lois Lowry, Still Missing by Chevy Stevens, and True Colors by Kristen Hannah.

3) What is your "approach" upon entering a bookstore? Where do you immediately head after entering through the front door?  I go straight back to the General Fiction.  I love to read all kinds of books and I am not gonna lie when I look for a book I totally judge a book by it's cover!  Ha ha if it does not have a pretty cover then I won't even pick it up.  The cover is what catches my eye.

So what are you reading??

Goings on in Texas



11 comments:

Karen said...

I just read Still Missing and it was awesome! Such a great book!

Jessica Bucher said...

The Giver is classic!

Andi said...

I just started the Night Circus. I'm so excited to see what everyone else thinks!

Unknown said...

Haha don't worry! I haven't started Night Circus yet either! So happy to have you linking up and in the book club!!

sarahssidebar said...

I need to read The Giver!!!! I know it's a classic, but I haven't gotten around to it!

Jen @ That's What She Read said...

O my gosh, you listed some of my favorite as yours too! Still Missing is so great, and still, like, haunted me long after I was done reading it!! Great picks!

Rebekah @ Chronicles from the Peanut Gallery said...

Ohh The Giver is a great book!! I can never think of all the books I love, my list of 3 favorites is lame, haha. Found you via the linkup! Looking forward to the twitter party and hearing what you think of Night Circus!

Cassie Tucker said...

I love Number the Stars by Lois Lowry but have never read the Giver. Have you read Number the stars and how does the Giver compare?

LeiShell said...

Following from the blog hop:) What a cute blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! We sound like twins! I ALWAYS judge books by its cover! And I have rarely picked a bad book by doing that!!

I'm your newest follower! Stop by Beyond the Gradebook sometime soon!

http://beyondthegradebook.blogspot.com

Nikki Brown said...

I just got done reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I really liked the book because I could relate a lot with the character. I'm going to start Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire next.